Saturday,April 20th 2013
Sunday, April 21st 2013
1.2 CEUs (pending)
Physiotherapy Associates, La Jolla Clinic
9333 Genesee Avenue, Ste 150,
San Diego, CA 92121
California Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy
Special Interest Group (COMPTSIG)
Click here for brochure
Upon the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Discuss the anatomical impact on treatment choice
- Discuss the hip joint biomechanics
- Discuss the muscular influence on the hip and -Knee mechanics
- Discuss treatment progression based on histological and neurophysiological basis
- Perform Dynamic 4 Soft Tissue Mobilization techniques to 6 key hip muscles Perform minimum 6 Hip Joint Mobilization/Articulation
- Utilize Mobilization and Stabilization belt techniques for hip treatment
- Outline a treatment progression for hip joint disorder using manual techniques, free weights and pulley systems
Yousef Ghandour, PT, MOMT, FAAOMPT
is concurrently group director of Physiotherapy Associates clinics in San Diego and a clinical instructor with the Ola Grimsby Institute (OGI) for the two year orthopedic manual therapy residency program. He brings a long and full educational history to this seminar starting with his BSPT from CSU Long Beach. He completed a Masters of Orthopedic Manual Therapy and a purposed doctorate in Orthopedic Manual Therapy at OGI. He has held several clinical specialist and supervisory positions in clinics throughout San Diego County and has extensive teaching experience in manual therapy techniques, soft tissue mobilization and scientific therapeutic exercise progression. Yousef's interest in manual therapy of the hip joint dates to his masters program with OGI. He recently delivered a "sold-out" lecture presentation and demonstration at the 2011 CPTA Annual Conference in Long Beach CA.
Registration deadline is April 2nd 2013.
Sponsors reserve the right to cancel and return payments in the event of insufficient enrollment.
Nancy Van Sickle